Well, I am unfortunately not too happy with how this turned out. I had very high hopes but then I just felt like there wasn’t anything I can add to it to make it any better and it was really short and there was a part that got messed up. But the idea I think was there, execution was poor…
This is the second draft. Added a few more cool sounds.
So I am going to be uploading my first and second drafts at the same time. Forgot to upload this last week. So I figure I will just do both. This first draft is very simple set of sounds that I used in the first project, I just wanted to see if I could use the same sounds and make something that is very different and still sound great. I also used a lot of synths which I think makes the song better than the very first song I made. Hope you enjoy.
Aside from having a wonderful time at the EABD, I truly learned a lot. I had never really set up any sort of concert before and I had no idea what any of the cables were called. I was pretty clueless so going from absolutely no knowledge to having to set up an entire concert was pretty amazing. I also got the chance to help Becky tech the concert which was also a great opportunity. I did mess up a little along the way but I did learn a lot and it was a lot of fun doing it. In terms of my piece, I think it went well. Not sure what others thought of it since no one really said much about it to me afterwards. Either way, I think the concert is a great idea and I loved attending/playing my piece!
Thank you Mark!
Very different. Essentially changed up the whole thing.
Alright so I added some stuff. I did want to keep to my pulp fiction theme so I added a little something in there but I need to work on the transition cus the whole thing kinda lacks smooth transitions. Btw that pulp section was completely made using the logic pen tool, took forever.
So this is the first draft. It is short and there are things I definitely want to add and change but I wanted to show what I was going for.
For the upcoming project, I have mainly stuck with logic primary because it is the only one I know how to use. Maybe for later drafts I will try and venture out to different software and try and get a better feel for what is out there.
Alright so you will notice several changes to this.
- I made it shorter.
- I raised the volumes on some of the various parts of the song.
- Big change was I recorded some new sounds. You will notice there is an irregular heart beat and machine sensors going off towards the end of the song.
- On top of the heartbeat I added a scene from Pulp Fiction (My all time favorite movie). The scene is made faster and the voices can be heard altered. Kind of fun to make SLJ’s voice sound like a chipmunk.
- You can hear I made the timing of the gunshots exact to the flatline from the monitor.
- I added one final sound and it was part of Revolution 9 that I played backwards to sound extra creepy. I replayed the flatline just to make the ending a little cooler.
Hope you guys enjoy these changes.