Project III Draft I | James Murphy

A friend of mine told me about a form of art called “databending”, where you take a piece of digital data (like a photo) and reinterpret its bytes as something else (like audio). In parts of this piece, I’ve loaded a picture (as well as a .exe and a .pdf) into Audacity and used the resultant sound to create beeps and hums.

I’m also using some old musical experiments which I made in Audacity with a tone generator, and some guitar work. There are even a few pieces of my soundwalk present.

I expect I’ll be throwing some of these features away and changing plenty more, but I wanted all my ideas in one file to start with.

2 thoughts on “Project III Draft I | James Murphy

1. For some reason it never logged out of the last person in and I posted this comment.

so I think you should deff keep the guitar in. I felt like Aliens had just gotten a copy of folk guitar from the olden days and decided to take a listen and then discuss what was going on. I love the databending idea and I might have to try and do something like that myself.

2. so I think you should deff keep the guitar in. I felt like Aliens had just gotten a copy of folk guitar from the olden days and decided to take a listen and then discuss what was going on. I love the databending idea and I might have to try and do something like that myself.